Saturday, November 8, 2014

October: Part Two

During that week, I was supposed to have had a biology exam on Wednesday, but due to being a week behind, it had been moved and I hadn’t realized it. Which was great, it gave everyone else more time to study, but it gave him more time to pile information that we needed to know onto it. But it wasn’t great for me. The test was supposed to be perfect timing, right before the party and Cedar Point weekend. Then that weekend, I could just relax, finish up my Creative Writing portfolio and it would be no big deal. But everything seemed to be going out of control. I took a deep breath and told myself I had all Friday and Sunday to write and study.

That Friday, we spent the day cleaning and studying and that night was the first official party of the year. The Halloween Party. Mostly everyone from the team showed up at our apartment dressed for the occasion and I typically don’t like parties, but I have to say… This was the best party I have ever been to, many of my team members were not sober, so I was. It was funny watching them, and interacting with them, and I am sorry for anyone who viewed my snapchat story that night. It was great! Until we got to a team game, and Katie (not totally with it) screamed out on her turn, “Becca, you’re a terrible roommate.” Everyone turned and looked at me with their mouths dropped, did she really just say that in front of the whole team?

Shannon and Waters tried to make me feel better, but it wasn’t really working, and the terrible roommate I was, stayed up till about 2:00 a.m. helping her clean up so that we didn’t have to do it when we got back from, or before we leave for Cedar Point later that day. Do note that Becca, was in her room with Ethan, watching a movie during this time, not helping at all… (Don’t worry we talked about her lack of hosting skills later at Cedar Point). I didn’t realized how trashed my room, or the living room was for that matter, but it didn’t take long with Shannon, Danny, Mike, Dave and Orion helping us. I talked to Dave briefly about what Katie had said, and when he said goodbye he kissed me on the forehead and said not to worry about it. Something about that was so comforting, and I was so thankful for having him as a friend right then.

I didn’t think that Katie realized what she had said because she acted like nothing was wrong as we went off to bed. I tried to cry at all the pain that she had already put me through this year, but I couldn’t. I was too tired, and knew I would be driving early the next morning for two hours, so I went straight to sleep.

Eight A.M. (just like every other morning) we were up and running. We packed our lunches for Cedar Point, packed a bag full of cloths in case it was colder or raining, we picked up Morgan at the freshman dorms and started our trip. It wasn’t a bad ride, and I typically like driving. The day though, was FREEZING. We had thought that since it was cold out, nobody would come, but it was also packed.

The night came around quickly, and secrets from the party were shared, revenge was plotted when the secrets were told, the Halloweekends characters came out and the wax museum made my skin crawl. Sounds weird, but the drive home was actually probably the best part of my day. We were about twenty minutes into the drive, when we were digging into the Chex Mix that Reeves had left at the party. I took a handful and set it in my lap so I could eat in drive. For a second I looked down, and I see this massive spider hanging right above my chest. I let out a high pitched scream, and start flailing the arm that isn’t on the steering wheel. Everybody panics at my screaming, and I just yell, “there is a spider, kill it!” Morgan takes off her shoe, and from behind me starts whacking my chest. Meanwhile I’m trying not to panic about eating something that has a spider on it, and I’m trying not to swerve the van in my fear. Figuring that it’s my van, the remainder of the Chex mix that was in my lap, I swipe to the floor of my van. There was no way I was eating a spider. To this day, there are still crumbs down there.

The next thing that had happened was that all day at Cedar Point, Becca kept talking about the fact that she was looking forward to Wendy’s on our drive home. So we finally get past Toledo, and stop in a little town. We get through our four-different orders, they hand the food to us, and we start paying. Becca hands her card up, I had it to the woman, and she swipes it a couple times and then says that the card was denied. “The card was denied.” I repeat back to Becca.

“Well, s**t that’s all I got.” (Sorry for her language, but that’s what made it so funny). I ended up paying for her meal, and we laughed about that the whole way home, and jammed to the Jonas Brothers and T-Swift. We got back and crashed, knowing that all three of us were going to have to dedicated Sunday to studying. Instead Katie went home to deal with some stuff with her Tyler, after that I quickly went to sleep.


That day I spent on my portfolio, biology homework that he had piled on right before the exam. That Sunday I also received a snap chat from my sister informing me that my friend Ethan, had been appointed the pastor for the Chi Alpha ministry on Bowling Green’s campus, apparently they had prayed for him. I know I have not said it yet, so congratulations!
That week, was midterm week. I had:
·      A paper due on something that I had not read for Creative Writing
·      A paper due in Interpersonal Communications, and I had no idea what it was supposed to be about
·      My Biology Exam on Wednesday
·      My Apparel Studios full project due on Wednesday.
·      My whole Creative Writing portfolio due on Tuesday.
o   Five Stories/poems edited multiple times, at least three Rob had to have already seen.
o   Four in depth definitions of vocabulary words or concepts we have covered
o   A course reflection on how the process has been going.

·      My biology lab report due the following Wednesday.
·      For that week, two labs and pre-labs
·      And the fourth homework assignment of the semester for biology as well.

Somewhere between all of that, I was supposed to fit my small job, gymnastics, sleep and food. God definitely had his protective hand, and guided me through everything I did that week. Monday, I showed up to biology lecture wishing that I had just a couple extra days to study because I had been studying and studying, but not retaining any information. The first thing that Kevin said was that the test was moved to Monday and as long as we turn it in, we are allowed to use a half sheet of paper with any information we want on it. I breathed a sigh of relief.

Next I had apparel, where she gave a gentle reminder that the whole project was due on Wednesday. I finished up my samples, my first bag, and set up the last couple samples so that I could hand stitch the hook-and-eyes later. Then when I got home, I came across an email from Rob, saying that our portfolios were due on Thursday and the paper that was due on Thursday was also moved to the following week. I quickly scheduled out my week, and had it all figured out. I did biology homework and my interpersonal homework that night. I then went to practice, spent some good time in the gym, forgetting about all my worries.

Tuesday I went to work, picked up some groceries and necessities for my apparel project, and spent the rest of the night working on the apparel project. I finished ten minutes after midnight. Wednesday we had lab, I learned Mitosis and Meiosis quickly and I finally understood what was happening in lecture. Then when I got to apparel, she told us that the books didn’t have to be handed in until the end of class. So Rachel and I sat at the computer looking at patterns for my final project.

After classes, I worked on my Creative Writing portfolio, went to practice, went out do dinner with Mason and Katie. We got home, showered, and was done before twelve-thirty. I made final touches right before I went to class, and handed my portfolio in on time. That Thursday night, I finally had time to relax. (Becca’s) Ethan came up to visit her, and we went out for ice cream. I almost killed everyone with my lack of sensible direction, but it’s okay, we are all safe! When I got home, Michaela picked me up and we went ice skating.

It was really cool to see Michaela in her “natural habitat.” While I was struggling, she was making it all look so easy. I did fall a couple of times, and one of the team girls completely ran into me, knocking me on my back, but we are also okay. We had dinner at Steak and Shake, and just had a really fun night as midterm week was over… or so we thought.

Friday, I spent yet again, studying for that stupid biology exam. I got a text from an old friend, Anthony, who had been helping me through the week, and he was in town. So I went to the service with him, and he treated me to dinner. For the first time since we met, I told him my whole story from start to finish, and he looked at me and nodded. We talked and talked about it, and finally I revealed the one thing that I had been keeping from him, he just nodded at me and said, “I believe it.” That was the one thing that I needed to hear, and it was awesome to hear! He guided me in some questions that I had for him, and we even prayed over our waitress. He dropped me off at my car, and for the first time that week, I really felt good and relieved. That night I got a text from Chloe saying that I should come home, I told her that I would have to leave Saturday after work, and she said that it was okay! So I went to the gym, landed some fly-away halves for the first time in months, came back and started planning to go home.

I woke up the next morning with a sore throat and extremely dizzy. There was no skipping work, so I went to Kroger and put myself on Dayquil. I texted Chloe that I was sick and she told me to stay here anyway, there was a chance that her mom wouldn’t let me see her because it’s “family time.” I told her okay, and I was going to stay here. Until I got a text from Ellie asking if I was home. I said no, but I was thinking about it. Ellie said that she was sneaking over to surprise Chloe later that night, and if I was in town then we should do it together. So I grabbed my bags, and my laundry and left for home.



























No comments:

Post a Comment