Monday, March 24, 2014

The Little Things

The phrase "actions speak louder than words," is often used by many people who I don't think, realize what it really means.

I've mentioned in other posts before, that many times I would tell a boyfriend how I feel about them, by doing things for them. Through my actions they would know that I love them, not necessarily by the words I say. If I'm upset with them, I may not say the words, "I Love You," but I would still open the door for them, carry groceries… ect.

But this isn't something that I want to have as a standard for myself in my relationships. I want people to know that I love them, respect them or just care about them by what I do. Whether it's helping a teammate move a mat, help clean my roommates side of the room, lend my parents money - when I know they won't be able to pay me back for quite some time…

These things put them above myself, and that lets them know that at some level I care about them. Some things say it louder than others. Some people when they hear the "actions speak louder than words," they think that they are talking about the silent treatment, but it goes beyond being mad at someone and how you handle that situation.

It's the little things… It is always the little things. They make up a relationship, because in the end, that is all you will really have. You won't have big exciting "first dates" every Friday, and you won't always have the opportunity to tell someone that you love them until maybe that night. However, if you are leaving for work before your spouse and you make the coffee, or take out the garbage because you know they are usually busy that morning and can't put it out. Those things are the things that say "I Love You!" louder than any time you could ever yell it to them…
Just a thought… that it's the little things that tell someone how you feel about them.

-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment